Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Martini
Named in a pseudo-Latin manner for any of several naturalists named Martin.
- Martin (attributive); used in taxonomic names for organisms having English names of the form "Martin's ..."
martini (plural martinis)
- a cocktail made with gin or vodka and vermouth
- Will you join us at six o’clock for martinis?
- My boss is out on another of his three-martini lunches.
- (sometimes proscribed) any cocktail served in a cocktail glass, often sweet or fruity and aimed at women.
- I love, love, love the chocolate martinis at Trendy Bar!
Declension of martini (type risti)
- Plural form of martino