Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
memorial (plural memorials)
- A structure, such as a monument, intended to celebrate the memory of a person or event
- A service of remembrance or commemoration
- (law) a statement of facts set out in the form of a petition to a person in authority, a court or tribunal, a government, etc.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Serving as a remembrance of someone or something; commemorative.
- a memorial building
- Alexander Pope
- There high in air, memorial of my name, / Fix the smooth oar, and bid me live to fame.
- Contained in the memory.
- a memorial possession
- Mnemonic; assisting the memory.
- This succession of Aspirate, Soft, and Hard, may be expressed by the memorial word ASH.
declension of memorial