Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
minuend (plural minuends)
- (arithmetic) A number or quantity from which another is to be subtracted.
- In the subtraction 10 − 4, 10 is the minuend.
number from which another is subtracted
- addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) + (summand) = (sum, total)
- subtraction: (minuend) − (subtrahend) = (difference)
- multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
- division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend