Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
mitre (plural mitres)
- A covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church dignitaries. It has been made in many forms, mostly recently a tall cap with two points or peaks.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Fairholt to this entry?)
- The surface forming the bevelled end or edge of a piece where a miter joint is made; also, a joint formed or a junction effected by two beveled ends or edges; a miter joint.
- A sort of base money or coin.
a covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church dignitaries
- (commonwealth) Alternative spelling of miter.
- plural form of
In Lojbanized spelling.
- Chinese: mi — 米 [mǐ]
- English: mitr — meter
- Hindi: mitar — मीटर [mīṭara]
- Spanish: metr — metro
- Russian: mietr — метр [metr]
- Arabic: mitr
mitre (rafsi tre)
- meter; x1 is x2 meter(s) [metric unit] in length (default 1) measured in direction x3 by standard x4.