Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
mitre (plural mitres)
- A covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church dignitaries. It has been made in many forms, mostly recently a tall cap with two points or peaks.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Fairholt to this entry?)
- (heraldry) A heraldic representation of this covering, usually displayed on top of a bishop's or archbishop's coat of arms.
- The surface forming the bevelled end or edge of a piece where a miter joint is made; also, a joint formed or a junction effected by two beveled ends or edges; a miter joint.
- A sort of base money or coin.
a covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church dignitaries
- (commonwealth) Alternative spelling of
- plural form of
In Lojbanized spelling.
- Chinese: mi — 米 (mǐ)
- English: mitr — meter
- Hindi: mitar — मीटर (mīṭara)
- Spanish: metr — metro
- Russian: mietr — метр (metr) (metr)
- Arabic: mitr
mitre (rafsi tre)
- meter; x1 is x2 meter(s) [metric unit] in length (default 1) measured in direction x3 by standard x4.