Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
modernity (plural modernities)
- The quality of being modern or contemporary.
2012 March-April, Jeremy Bernstein, “A Palette of Particles”, American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 146:
- There were also particles no one had predicted that just appeared. Five of them […, i]n order of increasing modernity, […] are the neutrino, the pi meson, the antiproton, the quark and the Higgs boson.
- He was impressed by the architecture's modernity.
- Modern times.
- The organization survived from ancient times to modernity.
quality of being modern
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.