Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (mathematics) Given a specified modulus of.
- 21 and 84 are congruent to each other modulo 9, since both numbers leave the same remainder, 3, when divided by 9.
- Thus 21 modulo 9 is 3, because when 21 is divided by 9, the remainder is 3.
- (The addition of quotations indicative of this usage is being sought): (colloquial) Except for differences accounted for by.
- "A is the same as B modulo C" means A is the same as B except for differences accounted for by C.
- (The addition of quotations indicative of this usage is being sought): (extended use) With due allowance for (a specified exception or particular detail).
- The "tail recursion modulo cons" technique allows functions that would be tail recursive but for a cons call to be transformed into a tail recursive form.
- All mammals, modulo the monotremes, give birth to live young.
- (except for differences accounted for by): up to
- first-person singular present indicative form of modular
modulo m (plural moduli)
- first-person singular present indicative of modulare
- dative singular of
- ablative singular of