Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
monsoon (plural monsoons)
- Any of a number of winds associated with regions where most rain falls during a particular season.
- Tropical rainy season when the rain lasts for several months with few interruptions.
- The rains themselves.
- Entire meteorological systems with such characteristics.
tropical rainy season
- ^ The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. 2000 Houghton Mifflin
- ^ A Dictionary of Urdu, classical Hindi, and English Platts.