Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
light reflected from the moon
attributive: illuminated by the light from the moon
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To work on the side (at a secondary job), often in the evening or during the night.
- (by extension) To engage in an activity other than what one is known for.
to work at a secondary job
- ^ Chambers Dictionary of Etymology, Robert K. Barnhart (ed.), Chambers, 1988
- Webster's College Dictionary, Random House, 2001
- ^ The Illustrated Oxford Dictionary, Oxford University Press, 1998
- ^ Mish, Drederick C. (ed.). 1995. Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. 10th ed. Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster.
- ^ Treffry, Diana (ed.). 1999. Collins Paperback English Dictionary. 4th ed. Glasgow: HarperCollins.