Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Covered with or full of mud or wet soil.
- He slogged across the muddy field.
- Take off your muddy boots before you come inside.
- With mud or other sediment brought into suspension, turbid.
- The previously limpid water was now muddy as a result of the epic struggle.
- Not clear; mixed up or blurry.
- The picture is decent, but the sound is muddy.
- Confused; stupid; incoherent; vague.
- cold hearts and muddy understandings
- dost think I am so muddy, so unsettled
- (euphemistic) Soiled with feces.
covered with mud