Germanic: from Alemannic German Müesli, diminutive of Mues (“mashed dish”); compare moose (“stew”).
- IPA(key): /ˈmjuːzli/, /ˈmjuːsli/
muesli (countable and uncountable, plural mueslis)
- A breakfast dish based on uncooked rolled oats and fruit.
- ^ Oxford English Dictionary, 1884-1928, and First Supplement, 1933
Germanic: from Alemannic German Müesli, diminutive of Mues 'mashed dish', cognate to Old English moose (“stew, pottage”), German Mus etc.
- IPA(key): /ˈmysli/
- Hyphenation: mues‧li
muesli m (plural muesli's, diminutive mueslietje n)
- A breakfast and snack granola food
- mixed food for herbivores
muesli m (uncountable)
- muesli (a Swiss and German breakfast dish made with rolled oats)