Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Mulch
- (agriculture, horticulture) Any material used to cover the top layer of soil to protect, insulate, or decorate it, or to discourage weeds or retain moisture.
- An organic mulch is a mulch made of natural substances such as leaves or grass clippings.
- (countable, agriculture) A material used as mulch, as a decorative redwood bark mulch.
shredded matter for covering the soil
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- (agriculture) To apply mulch.
- Mulch your vegetable garden to retain moisture and keep weeds down.
- (agriculture) To turn into mulch.
- I decided to mulch the grass clippings.