Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Catalan
- 3 French
- 4 Portuguese
- 5 Spanish
- Of or pertaining to a municipality (a city or a corporation having the right of administering local government).
- Of or pertaining to the internal affairs of a nation.
pertaining to city
pertaining to state
municipal (plural municipals)
- (finance) A financial instrument issued by a municipality.
2008 April 21, Julie Connelly, “Muni Bonds, Safe With High Yields”, New York Times:
- “This might be the last great opportunity for preretirement baby boomers to buy municipals at such attractive levels,” said Janet Fiorenza, head of municipal fixed income at Lehman Brothers Asset Management.
- municipal in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- municipal in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
municipal m, f (masculine and feminine plural municipals)
- “municipal” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
municipal m, f (plural municipales)