Alternative forms 
Apparently from Guaraní.
nandu (plural nandus)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Hyphenation: nan‧du
- IPA: [ˈnɑndu]
- rhea (bird of the family Rheidae)
- greater rhea, American rhea Rhea americana (only extant species of the genus Rhea, native to eastern South America)
Declension of nandu (type valo)
Derived terms 
- patagoniannandu (Pterocnemia pennata)
In Lojbanized spelling.
- Chinese: nan — 難 (难) [nán]
- English: xard — hard
- Hindi: duckar — दुष्कर [duṣkara]
- Spanish: ardu — arduo
- IPA: /ˈnandu/
- difficult; x1 is difficult/hard/challenging for x2 under conditions x3; x1 challenges (non-agentive) x2.
- frili (“easy”)