Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To grant citizenship to someone not born a citizen
- To acclimatize an animal or plant
- Its wearer suggested that pears and peaches might yet be naturalized in the New England climate.
- To make natural
- Custom naturalizes labour or study.
- To limit explanations of a phenomenon to naturalistic ones and exclude supernatural ones
- (linguistics) To make (a word) a natural part of (the language)
- English speakers have naturalized the French word "café".
In English, foreign words are typically written in italics until they are naturalized.
to grant citizenship
to acclimatize an animal or plant — see acclimatize
to make to natural
to limit explanations of a phenomenon to naturalistic ones