Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A fusion of phenomenology and neuroscience
- An academic discipline which mixes neuroscience and phenomenological observation
- 2003 Anthony Jack and Andreas Roepstorff Trusting the Subject? The use of introspective evidence in cognitive science
- In this paper, we explore a research programme called 'neurophenomenology' that aims to make progress on these issues (Varela, 1996; 1997; 1999; Blithol, 2002; Lutz, 2002; Rudrauf et al., 2003). Neurophenomenology stresses the importance of gathering first person data from phenomenologically training subjects as a heuristic strategy for describing and quantifying the physiological process relevant to consciousness. 
- 1999 Hameroff, Kaszniak, and Chalmers Toward a Science of Consciousness III: the third Tuscon discussions and debates
- Third, the theory requires grounding in a methodology best described as neurophenomenology---a merger of trained phenomenological skill and an understanding of neuroscience.