Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The succeeding generation.
- The next in line; upgrade.
next generation (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to any method or technology that is expected or intended to supersede present day techniques.
- Mr. Smith dominated his competition by using next generation wool spinning machines which were 20% faster.
- WiMax has already established itself as a next generation technology with ideal credentials in the broadband wireless space for point-2-point applications.