Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
nicety (plural niceties)
- A small detail that is nice or polite to have but isn't necessary.
- We met the new captain while we were taking enemy fire and were unable to observe the niceties of formal introductions.
- Subtlety or precision of use.
- A rocket propelled grenade doesn't have the nicety of a sniper round, but you must admit its effectiveness.
subtlety or precision of use
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked