Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈnəʊ.bɒ.di/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈnoʊ.bə.di/, /ˈnoʊ.bɑ.di/
Audio (US) (file)
- Not any person; the logical negation of somebody.
- I asked several people, but nobody knew how.
- Nobody called or visited that day.
- Nobody has a lower degree of formality than no one.
not any person; the logical negation of somebody — see no one
nobody (plural nobodies)
- Someone who is not important or well-known.
- Whether you're a nobody or a player, everyone in Tinseltown wants to be King of Hollywood! - Conquering Hollywood