Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 Dutch
- 4 French
- 5 German
- Casually calm and relaxed.
- We handled the whole frenetic situation with a nonchalant attitude.
- Indifferent; unconcerned; behaving as if detached.
- He is far too nonchalant about such a serious matter.
- (casually calm): carefree, cool, mellow, easygoing
- (indifferent): blasé, unconcerned
- See also Wikisaurus:calm
casually calm and relaxed
indifferent; unconcerned; behaving as if detached
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
nonchalant (neuter nonchalant, definite and plural nonchalante)
- careless, showing no interest or effort
Declension of nonchalant
- Although French nonchalant is usually appropriate where the English one is used, its meaning is different.
Positive forms of nonchalant
Comparative forms of nonchalant
Superlative forms of nonchalant