Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- normalise (UK)
- (transitive) To make normal, to make standard.
- There is little hope that the two countries will normalize relations; their governments seem to hate each other and would just as soon stay on bad terms.
- (transitive) To format in a standardized manner, to make consistent.
- We'll need to normalize these statements before we can compare them.
- (transitive, statistics) To reduce to variations by excluding irrelevant aspects.
- After we properly normalize the measurements with respect to age, gender, geography and economic considerations, there remains little evidence of a difference between the two groups.
- (rail transport, transitive) To return a set of points (switches) to the normal position.
- (rail transport, intransitive, of points) To return to the normal position from the reverse position.
- (transitive, computing, database) To subject to normalization; to eliminate redundancy in (a model for storing data).
- (transitive, mathematics) To divide a vector by its magnitude to produce a unit vector.
- (rail transport): reverse (transitive and intransitive)
to make normal
to format in a standardized manner
rail transport, intransitive: to return to the normal position
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.