Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)sɪŋ
- In the state of suckling young, lactating.
- The nursing bear wouldn't move far until her cubs were older.
- Referring to nurses.
- The nursing staff worked overtime at the hospital.
nursing (plural nursings)
- The process or profession of caring for patients as a nurse.
- She went into nursing as a career.
breastfeeding — see breastfeeding
caring for patients
- Present participle of nurse.
- The mother sat there nursing her baby.