Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I lead, conduct, bring or draw towards, before, forward or against.
- I cover by drawing over; cover over, overlay, overspread, surround, envelop; heal; conceal.
- I close, shut up, bar; block.
- I draw in, drink down, swallow, down.
- I swallow up, overwhelm.
- (of the brow) I wrinkle, contract.
- (Late Latin) I injure, harm.
- (figuratively) I draw out, pass, spend.
- “obduco” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.