Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I throw or put to, towards, in front of or before, present; expose.
- I hold out, offer, turn over, give over
- I cast in the way, interpose; set against, oppose.
- (figuratively) I throw out against someone, taunt, reproach or upbraid with.
- (figuratively) I bring upon, inspire, inflict, visit, produce, cause.
In prosody, the first syllable is scanned short in works by some later writers; thus ōbiciō can be alternatively written as obiciō.
Conjugation of obicio (third conjugation iō-variant)