Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ochre (plural ochres)
- An earth pigment containing silica, aluminum and ferric oxide
- A somewhat dark yellowish orange colour
- (molecular biology, colloquial) The stop codon sequence "UAA."
ochre (not comparable)
- Having a yellow-orange colour.
- (archaeology) Referring to cultures that covered their dead with ochre.
having yellow-orange colour
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- to cover with ochre