oh my Goddess
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Said in excitement, shock, awe, dismay, or supplication.
- Oh my Goddess, I cannot believe that just crawled out of the sink!
- 2001, Susan Jane Gilman, Kiss My Tiara: how to rule the world as a smartmouth goddess:
- Chronic dieting is self-absorption taken to an art form. And, oh my Goddess, can it make us sanctimonious! Dieters are worse than people who've found religion: We have seen the Lite, and it is Weight Watchers' ranch dressing. [...] Women are starving in Africa, North Korea, the Balkans, and even the US.
- 2002, Terry J. Kunkel, Is Wanting Enough?, pages 557–560:
- While Peregrine used the bathroom Eryn wandered around the pavilion exploring.
- She screamed. Her scream reached Peregrine where he sat.
- “Oh my goddess, oh my goddess. Get that thing outta here.”
- Peregrine ran from behind the shoji. Perhaps a viper had slithered down from the overhead branches.
- 2007, Christine Jordan, Indigo, page 131:
- Being invited to Monkey World was one thing — but Brazil! ‘Oh my Goddess! Oh my Goddess!’ Indigo chanted quietly whilst fumbling with her rucksack. ‘I'd have to ask Dad,’ cautioned Brandon.
- 2008, Tate Hallaway, Romancing the Dead:
- “Are you all right?” he whispered softly.
- “Oh my Goddess,” I said. “Let's do that again.” And so we did, only with variations on the theme, until I finally remembered we were supposed to be doing protective magic. By that time, I was too physically exhausted to summon anything [...]
- 2009, Gerry Bartlett, Real Vampires Don't Diet:
- The moon came out from behind a cloud and she got a good look at Ray. “Oh. My. Goddess.” The man always has that effect on women. I felt a surge of hope. Ray's not shy.