on the run
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Fleeing.
- The suspect in the robbery is still on the run.
- (idiomatic) At a disadvantage; forced to abandon a position.
- The corruption charges against her aides have her on the run.
- (idiomatic) Constantly traveling or moving from place to place.
- She's a busy executive and always on the run.
- In a very hurried manner, usually while doing another activity.
- I only had half an hour for lunch, and I had to go to the bank as well as collect the car from the garage. This meant I had to eat on the run today.