Audio (US) (file)
onslaught (plural onslaughts)
- A fierce attack.
- A large quantity of people or things resembling an attack.
- They opened the doors and prepared for the onslaught of holiday shoppers.
- 2010 December 28, Kevin Darling, “West Brom 1 - 3 Blackburn”, BBC:
- The inevitable Baggies onslaught followed as substitute Simon Cox saw his strike excellently parried by keeper Bunn, with Cox heading the rebound down into the ground and agonisingly over the bar.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.