Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
osculatory (plural osculatories)
- (Christianity) A religious tablet, usually carrying a representation of Christ or the Virgin Mary, which is kissed by the priest during the Mass ("kiss of peace"); it is then passed to others at the mass who also kiss it.
- Oxford English Dictionary,
- Of or relating to kissing.
- The osculatory ceremony.
- (geometry) Relating to, or having the properties of, an osculatrix; capable of osculation.
- A circle may be osculatory with a curve, at a given point.