Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
pallial (not comparable)
- Of, pertaining to, or produced by a mantle, especially to the mantle of mollusks.
- the pallial line, or impression, which marks the attachment of the mantle on the inner surface of a bivalve shell
- 1998 May 8, Stanley R. Hart & Jerzy Blusztajn, “Clams As Recorders of Ocean Ridge Volcanism and Hydrothermal Vent Field Activity”, Science, volume 280, number 5365, DOI:10.1126/science.280.5365.883, pages 883-886:
- The oldest points are close to the outcrop of the pallial myostracum (9 ).
- 1859, Various, Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society - Vol. 3:
- Along a line nearly corresponding with the horny band which proceeds from the insertions of the shell-muscles and encircles the mantle below, the pallial wall is produced inwards and forwards into a membranous fold or ligament, which I will call the pallio-visceral ligament; and this pallio-visceral ligament becoming attached to various viscera, divides the great fifth chamber into an anterior inferior, and a posterior superior portion, which communicate freely with one another.
- Of, or relating to, the pallium