Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɛɹədi/, /ˈpæɹədi/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpæɹədi/
- Hyphenation: par‧o‧dy
parody (plural parodies)
- A work or performance that imitates another work or performance with ridicule or irony.
- The lively parody which he wrote […] was received with great applause.
- (archaic) A popular maxim, adage, or proverb.
expression making fun of something else
- To make a parody of something.
- The comedy movie parodied the entire Western genre.
to make a parody of something