passenger (plural passengers)
- One who rides or travels in a train, motor vehicle, boat, ship, ferry, hovercraft, aircraft, etc., but who does not operate it and is not a member of the crew.
- (falconry) A young hunting bird that can fly and is taken while it is still in its first year.
one who rides or travels in a train, motor vehicle, boat, ship, ferry, hovercraft, aircraft, etc.
- Luxembourgish: Passagéier (lb) m
- Macedonian: патник (mk) (pátnik) m
- Maori: pāhihi (mi)
- Polish: pasażer (pl) m
- Portuguese: passageiro (pt) m
- Romanian: călător (ro), pasager (ro)
- Russian: пассажир (ru) (passažír) m, пассажирка (ru) (passažírka) f
- Cyrillic: путник (sh) m, путница (sh) f
- Roman: putnik (sh) m, putnica (sh) f
- Spanish: pasajero (es) m
- Swahili: abiria (sw)
- Swedish: passagerare (sv) c
- Turkish: yolcu (tr)
- Vietnamese: hành khách (vi)
- Volapük: (♂♀) tävan (vo), (♂) hitävan (vo), (♀) jitävan (vo), (sea, ♂♀) melatävan (vo), (sea, ♂) melahitävan (vo), (sea, ♀) melajitävan (vo), (ship, ♂♀) nafatävan (vo), (ship, ♂) nafahitävan (vo), (ship, ♀) nafajitävan (vo)
young hunting bird that can fly and is taken while it is still in its first year
passenger (third-person singular simple present passengers, present participle passengering, simple past and past participle passengered)
- (intransitive) To ride as a passenger in a vehicle.
See also