Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
passenger (plural passengers)
- One who rides or travels in a vehicle, but who does not operate it and is not a member of the crew.
2013 June 1, “Ideas coming down the track”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8838, page 13 (Technology Quarterly):
- A “moving platform” scheme […] is more technologically ambitious than maglev trains even though it relies on conventional rails. Local trains would use side-by-side rails to roll alongside intercity trains and allow passengers to switch trains by stepping through docking bays.
- (falconry) A young hunting bird that can fly and is taken while it is still in its first year.
- (obsolete) A passer-by; a wayfarer.
one who rides or travels in a vehicle
young hunting bird that can fly and is taken while it is still in its first year
- (intransitive) To ride as a passenger in a vehicle.