Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛlɪt
pellet (plural pellets)
- A small, compressed, hard chunk of matter.
- a pellet of wood, paper, or ore
- A lead projectile used as ammunition in rifled air guns.
- Compressed byproduct of digestion regurgitated by owls. Serves as a waste disposal mechanism for indigestible parts of food, such as fur and bones.
A small, compressed, hard chunk of matter
A lead projectile used as ammunition in rifled air guns
Compressed byproduct of digestion regurgitated by owls
- To form into pellets
- To strike with pellets
- (to form into pellets) pelletize
- Plural form of pelle
- third-person singular future active indicative of pellō