Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (colloquial) A rallying speech made to instill enthusiasm and boost confidence
- It's your turn to give a pep talk to the dispirited miners.
- 2012 June 3, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Mr. Plow” (season 4, episode 9; originally aired 11/19/1992)”:
- Homer’s entrepreneurial spirit proves altogether overly infectious. Homer gives Barney a pep talk when he encounters him dressed up like a baby handing out fliers (Barney in humiliating costumes=always funny) and it isn’t long until Barney has purchased a truck of his own and set up shop as the Plow King.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
- pep rally (US)
a rallying speech made to instill enthusiasm