Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
perceived (not comparable)
- Generally recognized to be true.
2013 June 7, Ed Pilkington, “‘Killer robots’ should be banned in advance, UN told”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 6:
- In his submission to the UN, [Christof] Heyns points to the experience of drones. Unmanned aerial vehicles were intended initially only for surveillance, and their use for offensive purposes was prohibited, yet once strategists realised their perceived advantages as a means of carrying out targeted killings, all objections were swept out of the way.
- The perceived wisdom is that people do not go in large numbers to black-and-white movies anymore
- As seen or understood by an individual.
- In product design, where one deals with real, physical objects, there can be both real and perceived affordances, and the two need not be the same.
- simple past tense and past participle of
- The alert officer perceived a dim shape in the distance.