Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
perceived (not comparable)
- generally recognized to be true
- The perceived wisdom is that people do not go in large numbers to black-and-white movies anymore
- as seen or understood by an individual
- In product design, where one deals with real, physical objects, there can be both real and perceived affordances, and the two need not be the same.
Derived terms 
- simple past tense and past participle of perceive
- The alert officer perceived a dim shape in the distance.