Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
perception (plural perceptions)
- Conscious understanding of something.
- Vision (ability)
- (cognition) That which is detected by the five senses; not necessarily understood (imagine looking through fog, trying to understand if you see a small dog or a cat); also that which is detected within consciousness as a thought, intuition, deduction, etc.
Related terms 
conscious understanding of something
that which is detected by the five senses
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- perception in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- perception in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
perception f (plural perceptions)