- Present participle of pitch.
- As the pilot fought the hijackers for control the aeroplane was pitching wildly.
See also 
pitching (plural pitchings)
- The act of throwing or casting.
- wild pitching in baseball
- The rough paving of a street to a grade with blocks of stone.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Mayhew to this entry?)
- (engineering) A facing of stone laid upon a bank to prevent wear by tides or currents.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.