Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (agriculture, uncountable) The use of plastics in agriculture.
1994, A. N. Sarkar, chapter 14, Integrated horticulture development in eastern Himalayas, ISBN 8185880409, page 241:
- Careful innovation and novel use of appropriate plasticulture can revolutionize Indian agriculture allowing the country to enter into high-tech areas of development.
2005, Ray Smith, chapter 17.4, Biodegradable polymers for industrial applications, ISBN 0849334667, page 470:
- This technology is already in use in plasticulture throughout the world but legislation will in the future limit the use of materials that accumulate in soil or lead to the generation of long-term toxic products in the soil.
- (agriculture, countable) The plastics used in agriculture.
2005, J. Benton Jones, chapter 11, Hydroponics: a practical guide for the soilless grower, ISBN 0849331676, page 256:
- Most strawberries are soil grown in various configurations, under plasticulture (Pitts et al., 1998) or straw mulch.