Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- belief that the Earth's shape is a plane or disk.
- 1987 November 27, Jolly, Bret, “Re: Flat Earth”, talk.origins, Usenet:
- 2001 August 6, Steven J., “Re: Platyg?nism”, talk.origins, Usenet:
- According to Ron Numbers's _The Creationists_, geocentrism remained common among Missouri synod Lutherans until about a century ago (and still has followers in various sects). Platygaeanism had its adherents until recently, at least.
- 2001 August 7, Aron-Ra, “Re: Platygæanism”, talk.origins, Usenet:
- All that site did list were a few people that I thought existed already followed by a posse of perfectly understandable reasons for me to have believed in Catholic Platygæanism at least until now.