Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɔɪ
poi (plural po)
- A national food of the Hawaiians, made by baking and pounding the kalo (or taro) root, and reducing it to a thin paste, which is allowed to ferment.
- A creamy Samoan dessert of ripe bananas mashed with coconut cream.
- A style of performance art originating in New Zealand Maori culture.
- The equipment used in such a performance, typically a pair of short cords with a soft cloth ball at one end of each piece. Similar items, of different construction, are used in a more modern style of fire poi.
- Rhymes: -ɔi
il poi m (invariable)
- the future
See also 
- ^ “poi” in: Alberto Nocentini, Alessandro Parenti, “l'Etimologico — Vocabolario della lingua italiana”, Le Monnier, 2010, ISBN 978-88-00-20781-2
Etymology 1 
Usage notes 
- The cmavo ku'o can be used to indicate the termination of the (restrictive) relative clause, but is only required if the parsing of the sentence would otherwise be ambiguous.
- The cmavo zi'e can be used to join two relative clauses.
Related terms 
See also 
Etymology 2 
Old French 
poi m and f (invariable)
- French: peu
- Samoan poi