Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
poisoning (plural poisonings)
- The administration of a poison.
- The state of being poisoned.
2014 April 21, “Subtle effects”, The Economist, volume 411, number 8884:
- Manganism has been known about since the 19th century, when miners exposed to ores containing manganese […] began to totter, slur their speech and behave like someone inebriated. The poisoning was irreversible, and soon ended in psychosis and death.
- (administration of a poison): envenomation
administration of a poison
state of being poisoned
- Present participle of poison.