Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- polemick (obsolete)
polemic (plural polemics)
- A person who writes in support of one opinion, doctrine, or system, in opposition to another; one skilled in polemics; a controversialist; a disputant.
- An argument or controversy.
- A strong verbal or written attack on someone or something.
- (person): controversialist, disputant
- (strong verbal or written attack): harangue, screed, rant, tirade
Derived terms 
argument or controversy
- Having the characteristics of a polemic.
having the characteristics of a polemic
- polemic in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- polemic in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911