power of attorney
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From attorney (“any personal representative”). Attorney now rarely has that sense outside of fixed expressions like this one.
- (uncountable, law) The legal authorisation of one person to act as the agent of another.
- He confirmed that he had power of attorney.
- (countable, law) A legal document allowing one person to act as the agent of another.
- Here you can apply for a power of attorney.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.