Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK, slang, offensive) A poor teenage mother, or someone perceived as looking like one.
2004 July 31, steeler, “Re: BB5 - Michelle interview”, uk.media.tv.misc, Usenet:
- The average pram face dreams of selling their sordid story to the tabloids. From the early age of 5 when most little children dream of being a princess or an astronaut - your geordie chav Michelle is already daydreaming of getting her tits out in the news of the world for more money thatn she could earn in 20 lifetimes with her meagre talent alone.
2006 October 18, Evil Noodle, “Re:Is there a psychic way to kill a person that lives beyond visual range? :)”, uk.rec.psychic, Usenet:
- Simian hoodies and their pram face bints, they seem to be everywhere now.
2007 August 1, Zoe Williams, “Welcome back, Sloane Rangers. We need you”, The Guardian:
- What we've seen in the past 10 years, with the chavs and the pram faces and the Popbitch sneering (Oh hilarious! Poor person matches bag with baby!) and Little Britain and Catherine Tate and their sidesplitting yeah-but-no-but poor people, is a complete reversal of this convention, in favour of the frankly less sophisticated: "See that person who's already down? Let's go and kick him."
2008, Dorothy Koomson, Goodnight, Beautiful:
- As I fuss with pouring myself tea, I surreptitiously watch Meredith, safely ensconced on my sofa, her long, white locks severely pinned back into a pram-face bun, her brown eyes soft and unchallenging, her mouth a thin, pink line that parts frequently to recieve tea and pieces of biscuit.