Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈprɒmptnəs/
- The habit or characteristic of doing things without delay.
- The habit of adhering to a designated time.
- (habit of doing things with out delay): promptitude
- (habit of adhering to a designated time): punctuality, timeliness
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.