Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (rare) The last syllable but four / the fifth syllable from last (of a word or other utterance); a word’s or other utterance’s propreantepenultimate syllable.
- The word dis·ín·te·res·ted·ly is stressed on the propreantepenult.
- 1893, Robert Irving Fulton and Thomas Clarkson Trueblood, Practical Elements of Elocution (3rd ed.),
- When the propreantepenult is the last strong syllable, use the Pentad.
- 1946, Harry Charles McKown, Home Room Guidance (2nd ed.),
- There was a time…when he could define onomatopoeia, propreantepenult, and give examples of dactyl and anapaest.