Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
protractor (plural protractors)
- One who, or that which, protracts, or causes protraction.
- A circular or semicircular tool for drawing or measuring angles.
- (surgery) An instrument formerly used in extracting foreign or offensive matter from a wound.
- (anatomy) A muscle that extends an organ or part; opposed to retractor.
- An adjustable pattern used by tailors.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Knight to this entry?)
a circular or semicircular tool for measuring angles