Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Putsch
From German Putsch, from Alemannic German.
putsch (plural putsches)
- A coup; an illegal effort to forcibly overthrow the current government.
- Afterward, the ringleaders of the failed putsch were publicly executed.
- 2010, Thompson, M. 2010. Modernisation theory’s last redoubt: democratisation in east and south east Asia. In Yin-wah Chu and Siu-lun Wong (ed), 'East Asia's new democracies: deepening, reversal, non-liberal alternatives'. London, Routledge.p98.
- "They have broken the democratic rules of the game by supporting popular mobilisation that has resulted in what can be dubbed a "people power putsch"."
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
A coup; an illegal effort to forcibly overthrow the current government
From German Putsch.
putsch m (plural putschs)