Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Present participle of raise.
raising (plural raisings)
- Nurturing; cultivation; providing sustenance and protection for a living thing from conception to maturity
- Collection or gathering, especially of money.
- (US) The operation or work of setting up the frame of a building.
- to help at a raising
- The operation of embossing sheet metal, or of forming it into cup-shaped or hollow articles, by hammering, stamping, or spinning.