Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being random; randomness.
- (countable) An instance of randomness; an unpredictable characteristic.
- (countable) In any process of randomness; the ratio of predicted action to unpredicted action.
- Not found in 445 million words of British and American usage.
- 1930, Condé Nast Publications, Analog Science Fiction & Fact, p12
- But the evasive action taken by a human pilot, aided by a randomity selector, is not logical and therefore cannot be handled by a computer.
- 2002, Ron Edwards, Egyptian, p269
- …yet for all we continue to discover a certain elegant governance pervading the universe, one simply cannot ignore the very real possibility that such elegance might also contain discreet randomity…
- 2003, Edward Coleman, Mastering the Art of Selling Cars Online, p36
- The randomity factor I use the term “randomity” to describe how an individual can switch gears between one task and another fluidly without hesitation.