Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Homophone: RANSAC
- (transitive) To loot or pillage. See also sack.
- Their vow is made / To ransack Troy.
- (transitive) To make a vigorous and thorough search of (a place, person) with a view to stealing something, especially when leaving behind a state of disarray.
- to ransack a house for valuables
- to ransack every corner of their […] hearts
- (archaic) To examine carefully; to investigate.
- To violate; to ravish; to deflower.
- Rich spoil of ransacked chastity.
to loot or pillage